Furry Dreams

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Anthropomorphic Themed RP Fourm.

Tips and Tricks To The Forum.

Ru360
    Ru360
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 598
    Alignment : Dark. Because being evil is just waaay to much fun.

Tips and Tricks To The Forum. Empty Tips and Tricks To The Forum.

Post  Ru360 9/2/2009, 11:35 am

As my friend has been questioning me lately, there are a few things I forgot to add to the rules. But they aren't exactly rules, so here they are, in the Tips and Tricks section.

*Edit*

All your questions have now been moved to the FAQ thing above. Please go there if you are having trouble.

Last edited by Ru360 on 18/3/2009, 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ru360
    Ru360
    Admin
    Admin

Female

Tips and Tricks To The Forum. Empty Re: Tips and Tricks To The Forum.

Post  Ru360 9/2/2009, 11:44 am

*~Characters in Topics~*

Also as I have been yelling at my friend about, if there are say... Ru and Shade are nowhere within a 10 feet radius of each other, or like Ru's all the way in the middle of Leaf Storm and Phantom and Ozzy are at the edge, both characters have to be in different topics. It just doesn't make sense if say, you post Neil in somewhere in a topic when he's not even close to the two. Either you have him in a new topic, or not in Mirage Desert at all. Got it?
    Ru360
    Ru360
    Admin
    Admin

Female

Post  Ru360 14/2/2009, 11:16 am

*~Characters Having The Same Name~*

Okay, so some of you might get offended by this, but calm down. So what if there's like, 5,000 Shade's on the site? It's as common a name as John. So if there's at least 4 different characters who have the same name, just chill; the names on this site are probably as common as our names in the real world. For all I care, this is fine. Unless the characters share the EXACT same name, looks, and a bit of the same personality. Then that is a rip-off...

Last edited by Ru360 on 20/2/2009, 8:38 am; edited 1 time in total
    Ru360
    Ru360
    Admin
    Admin

Female

Post  Ru360 20/2/2009, 8:37 am

*~Dimensions~*

Ace and I are very imaginative people. So imaginative that we even use dimensions and we explore different realities with our characters. For example, if you ever see us RPing with Ru and Shade as kids or something on the ARK, or just basically playing with them as adults and making them watching their children (NO, THEY DON'T GET MARRIED TO EACH OTHER!), we are exploring future and past times. But one little happening for us, can turn it into alternate dimension. So yah, we do a lot of different things with different characters. Makes both our lives, and our characters', much more interesting.
    Ru360
    Ru360
    Admin
    Admin

Female

Post  Ru360 20/2/2009, 8:42 am

*~Plot RP's~*

Yeah, I'm planning to throw around some plot RP's when we get more members... So anyways, Plot RP's are RP's that follow a certain plot. Like Wandering Aimlessly in the Jungle was one. But other then private or open plot RP's made by users. Ace and I are going to be throwing around all these Tournament and War Plot RP's. Why? Because it just seems interesting. Though Ace and I have never done War RP's (Probably because we never had enough people.); we have done Tournaments. And I must say, what we did was fun. We'd pick our characters, follow a little story from outside the arena (It was Eggman who was running the tournament BTW), and then beat the snot out of the others. It was great fun...
    Ru360
    Ru360
    Admin
    Admin

Female

Post  Ru360 26/2/2009, 10:52 am

*~Rings~*

Yep everybody, we now have a currency. Now I'm still tinkering with it, but here's how you get rings; after every five posts you make in the Location zone, you get ten rings. Pretty good deal huh?
    Anyways, Rings are basically our version of real world cash. You can donate it to other members (Just don't donate it to yourself/2nd account. That's against the rules.), award it as a prize, and you can even use it in our shops (Which are coming soon)! So... yeah. Go crazy and go buy your cousin's fursona an iPhone, kay?
    OH AND ANOTHER THING! After you hit 5 posts, contact an Admin or Mod and we'll add those ten rings to your 'bank'. Also, we would love it if you also told us how much rings you sold/donated to another user. As we don't like it when people make us run around trying to find what your ring count is.

*Edit*

Another way to get Rings is to preform good deeds on the forum. Like help some of us. Other times, you could join in a contest that is awarding Rings for prizes. And don't feel down if you don't win, there's always others! Also, sometimes if you RP with a character with high Exploration (Exploration increases the chance your character will find rare items.) you may find a big box of Rings will appear in a different topic 3 times each day! The boxes will differ in Ring amount though... But we're sure you still get a lot! Oh, and new users immediately get ten Rings when they sign up.

Last edited by Ru360 on 28/2/2009, 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ru360
    Ru360
    Admin
    Admin

Female

Post  Ru360 26/2/2009, 11:49 am

*~Shops?~*

Yep. I added some shops to go with our currency. XD Anyways, here's what the shop zones are for.

Marketplace: You buy things from some of the member's characters. Like some Aeroboards from Ethan and Aquila.

Bazaar: Members sell their own things that they bought from the Marketplace.

Character Trading and Selling: A place to get rid of that vampiric hedgehog you ran into last week. XD It's a place where you can get rid of your old characters that you no longer like. That way, people can take them for themselves and mess with the character anyway they see fit. (But they need permission to alter the original design.)

And yah. Hope that helps everybody out right?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 16/5/2024, 9:16 am